WBJEE Exam Application Process 2020 - Step-by-Step Procedure
Published on : 22nd August 2019 Author : Himanshu Basant Bhatt
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts the application process for the WBJEE exam. The exam is conducted for engineering admissions in the West Bengal state. The 2019 admission process got over recently on 20th July 2019. The applications for the same were invited from 26th December 2018 onwards. The last date for submission of application forms was 23rd January 2019. Now, let’s move on to the upcoming exam i.e. WBJEE 2020 exam. This article here will discuss the detailed procedure for filling the WBJEE 2020 application form. The official notification for the 2020 exam is yet to be released. So, the dates provided here are tentative and are based on the 2019 schedule.
WBJEE 2020 Application Process Important Dates
Availability of online application form
Last week of December 2019 to last week of January 2020
Last week of January 2020
WBJEE 2020 exam
Last week of May 2020
Things to Keep Ready for WBJEE 2020 Application Process
Candidates must keep the following things ready to complete the online application process:
- A photo ID proof - Aadhar card/ voter ID card/ Ration Card/ Passport/ Student ID/ or other valid Government Identity Proof.
- Valid Mobile Number and Email Address.
- Net banking/ credit card/ debit card details.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature.
Specifications for Scanned Images
The scanned image must be in JPG/JPEG format. The file dimensions must be 4 cm x 3 cm with the file size between 10 KB to 200 KB. The photograph should be recent.
The scanned image of the signature must be in JPG/JPEG format and the file size should be between 3 KB to 30 KB. The signature should be done on a plain white paper and the dimensions of the scanned image should be 4 cm x 1.5 cm.
Steps to fill the WBJEE Application Form 2020
The WBJEE 2020 application process comprises of the following parts:
- Online Registration
- Completing the Application Form
- Uploading Scanned Images
- Making Fee Payment
- Printing confirmation page
- Visit the official website - https://wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Click on the link for WBJEE 2020 application.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Read the instructions carefully and ‘Proceed’ for the registration process.
- Enter your name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, email ID, ID proof details, etc. Chose a password and select a security question.
- Check all the details carefully and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- The page that appears will reflect the registration status and the application number. The application number will also be sent to your registered email ID.
- Now, click on the ‘Complete Application Form’ button.
Completing the Application Form
- Candidates need to complete the application form by providing details such as domicile, category, PwD status, religion, nationality, JEE Main application number (if applied), course applied for, educational qualification details, etc.
- Now enter the security PIN and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Application status will appear.
Uploading Scanned Images
- Select the scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- Now click on the ‘Upload’ button to successfully upload the images.
- On successful upload, the images will appear on the page.
- Click on the ‘Pay Examination Fee’ button.
Making Fee Payment
- Select the fee payment mode. The fee can be paid through online mode using internet banking, debit card/ credit card. The WBJEE 2020 application fee for all categories will be ₹ 500. 40% fee concession will be provided to PwD category candidates.
- After filling all the details, click on the ‘Proceed for Payment’ button.
- On successful fee payment, the fee status will appear.
The application process will not be considered complete without fee payment.
Printing Confirmation Page
- After fee payment, submit the application form.
- A confirmation page will appear on the screen.
- Take a print and keep it safe for future reference.
The above steps will surely help you in completing the application process smoothly. However, do remember the following important points.
- Please remember that the application form will be accepted only through online mode. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Only scanned images of the required documents will be considered valid.
- Take the print of the confirmation page only after the fee status appears to be ‘OK’.
- Corrections in the application form (if required) are to be done within the specified time.
Please keep the above points in mind while filling the WBJEE 2020 application form.