How to Prepare for the UGC NET 2022 Exam? Tips to Crack the Exam
If teaching at the College or University level is your dream job, then NTA UGC NET 2022 exam is the best gateway to make all your dreams come true. By qualifying this exam, you will become eligible for the post of Lectureship, Assistant Professor, and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in various Indian recognized Universities and Colleges. In order to appear for the 2022 June session, an apprentice needs to hold a Master’s degree from a recognized institute or college with an aggregate score of 55% marks for General category and 50% for SC/ST, OBC, and PwD students. You can check out the UGC NET 2020 Exam Eligibility Criteria here.
If you are ready to work hard and put importunate effort to achieve your goal, then nothing can stop you from achieving it. With proper guidance, you can easily clear the exam. Here, we are giving some preparation tips to qualify the NTA UGC-NET 2022 Exam. But before looking at the studying tips to qualify the exam let’s take a look at the syllabus and exam pattern of the UGC NET 2022 June Exam.
UGC NET 2022 is an online based (objective type) exam consists of 2 papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. For Paper 1 students have to appear for Teaching/Research Aptitude exam with an objective to check the awareness, teaching abilities, and research aptitude skills of the applicant, whereas, Paper 2 is a subject based exam that has been chosen by the applicant as per their master’s degree at the time of application process. The complete structure of UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern is mentioned down below-
Number of Questions
Duration of the Exam
Paper 1- Teaching/Research Aptitude
180 minutes (3 hours)
Shift 1: 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
Shift 2: 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Paper 2- Subject Paper
180 minutes (3 hours)
Scroll left or right to view full table
Check the UGC NET 2020 Marks Distribution Scheme and recent changes updated by the National Testing Agency.
How to prepare for Paper 1 of the NTA UGC NET Exam 2022 -
After knowing all the eligibility norms, marking scheme, and syllabus pattern now it’s time to know the effective ways to prepare for the exam. To qualify the exam, students need to start planning their studies in a smarter way.
- In order to study well, one should know the systematic approach to effectively utilize the time and prepare well with all the resourceful materials.
- Paper 1 is a general aptitude test which may check the candidate’s interest level in teaching and researching field. It is believed that knowledge of one’s subject does not necessarily make a good teacher. A person's general mental abilities and learning orientations in personal life are equally important in making a good teacher.
- The topics in the syllabus of Paper 1 are quite diverse. The candidates are required to prepare dynamically in this paper. Some of the topics covered in paper 1 are as follows -
- Logical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Information and Communication Technology reading comprehension
- People environment and
- Higher education system: governance, polity and administration.
The syllabus of Paper 1 is comprehensive. Students cannot complete the preparation of Paper 1 in a short period. Better, if he or she can adopt a long-term strategy. The student should study at least 3 hours daily to cover various areas of paper 1. For current affairs section, read at least one newspaper daily and watch news channels.
Recommended Books For UGC NET Paper-I
- UGC NET Paper 1 - Last 14 Years Solved Papers 2004- July 2018 (E-Book)
- UGC NET Paper 1 - 14 Year Papers + 6000 MCQ Combo (E-Book)
- UGC NET General Paper 1 – 6000 MCQs with Answers (E-Book)
How to prepare for Paper 2 for NTA UGC NET Exam 2022 -
Students are required to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 in order to qualify the UGC NET 2022 exam. Paper 2 is related to the subject chosen by the candidate as per their master’s degree. Let’s take a look at various aspects of Paper 2.
- The syllabus of this paper consists of topics studied by the candidates in their Master’s program. But a student should understand that this is not a University or College level exam.
- The difficulty level of the exam is much higher. So, candidates are required to sharpen their knowledge to qualify this competitive exam.
- Paper 2 of the NTA UGC NET Exam 2022 will measure the depth of candidates’ knowledge in their subject. They are assessed for their level of mastery in their respective subjects.
In Paper 2, the student should study meticulously. For preparation, they must select recommended books for the UGC NET Exam 2022.
Short Tips and Tricks to Prepare well for the UGC NET 2022 Exam -
To qualify the premises of UGC NET 2022 Exam with the good scores, apprentices are recommended to check the complete syllabus first.
- On the basis of past years’ paper, analyze them and find out all the important topics.
- Revising frequently and practising previous year question papers would be the best thing to do. Taking the mock test 1 month before the exam will be highly beneficial for candidates.
- Focus on short trick formulas to solve the questions within the limited time period.
- Once you have completed your syllabus, don’t forget to revise it again.