The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the much-awaited notification for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 on 08 February 2018. The online registration process for the examination has also started from 08 February 2018 and will remain open till 09 March 2018. Interested candidates are advised to apply well before as the official portal will become busy on the last dates of application. The online form filling process comprises of 4 steps of which we will discuss the second one in detail here. Students find most difficulties in the second section – “Upload photo and Signature”. So, here are the specifications as stated in the official NEET 2018 notification
Photograph Requirements -
The scanned copy of the photograph should meet the following specifications:
- Scanned copy of your recent photograph in JPG format only.
- Size of the photograph should be between 10 KB and 100 KB.
- Front-facing passport size photograph with white background.
- Name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph should be mentioned on the photograph. See below for sample image:
- The photograph must be taken on or after 01 January 2018.
- Please don’t wear cap or goggles while getting the photograph clicked. You can wear spectacles if used regularly.
- Computer and Polaroid generated photographs will not be accepted.
Signature Requirements -
- Make sure the scanned image of your signature meets the following requirements:
- The scanned image of signature should be in JPG format.
- Size of the signature image should be between 3KB and 20 KB.
- Signature should be in running handwriting. Writing your name in CAPITAL LETTERS would not be accepted as signature.
Please make sure that scanned images of photograph and signature are uploaded in the respective field. It is advised to get the scanned copies of photograph and signature along with these important documents ready before hand. This will accelerate the online application process.