Check Out The Latest Update of UGC NET 2018
UGC NET is scheduled for 8th July 2018. The Central Board of Secondary Education every year conducts this exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission. The official notification regarding the exam will be released soon. As per information on various media, many changes are going to happen this year. Apart from those changes, there are many updates on the National Eligibility Test or NET 2018 which every candidate needs to know. After qualifying NET exam, the Junior Research Fellowship candidates are eligible to do research in respective PG subject. Please find here latest updates regarding the exam.
- The application form for UGC NET will release on 6th March 2018 and it will be available till 5th April 2018. The last date to complete the payment procedure is 6th May 2018. After that, the correction process for application form will start and it will continue until June. The exam will take place on 8th July 2018.
- The UGC has increased the upper age limit for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) by two years. Previously the maximum age limit was 28 years but now it is 30 years. For SC, ST, OBC candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years i.e they can appear for JRF up to 35 years of age. There is no maximum age limit for Assistant Professor post.
- Aadhar Card has become mandatory for UGC NET 2018. All candidates must insert the number while filling up the application form. It will help them to allot the examination center and verify all details. Candidates also don’t need to submit multiple documents for it. If an applicant does not have or receive the card, then they have to insert the enrolment number instead.
- CBSE Board will change the exam pattern for NET 2018. Previous years, the exam was conducted in three sessions in which the candidates had to appear for three different papers. But from 2018, there will be only two papers conducting in two different sessions. The candidates for JRF and Assistance Professor positions will be selected on their performance in these two papers. In Paper 1 there will be 50 compulsory questions and the time duration is 1 hour only and in Paper 2 there will be 100 compulsory questions which they need to answer within 2 hours.
- UGC NET generally was conducted twice a year but from 2018, it will be taken place once a year only.
Candidates need to qualify Master degree in which they can apply for the exam. The application form can be submitted only via online within the prescribed date.