The NBE(National Board of Examinations) was set up by the Government of India in 1975, with an objective to improvethe quality of Medical education in India. The NBE was given responsibility to conduct the AIPGMEE(All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination) for admission into the MD/MS/Diploma course in the medical colleges of all states of India (except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana).
The AIPGMEE has been replaced by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). NEET has also replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all other state-level entrance examinations since 2013. On 28th April 2016, the Supreme Court approved the GOI (Government of India) order to conduct NEET as the single medical entrance exam. In the year 2016, NEET was conducted in two phases.
The AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi, and JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education are outside the purview of the NEET.
Here is a list of all exams which has been replaced by NEET.
- Aligarh Muslim University (Medical)
- Manipal PMT
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) (Medical)
- CMC Ludhiana
- CMC Vellore
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS) exam
- COMEDK (Medical)
- UP Combined Medical Entrance Test (UPCMET)
- BharatiVidyapeeth common Entrance Test (BVP CET) (Medical)
- Madhya Pradesh Dental and Medical Test (MP DMAT)
- And other state level medical entrance exams.
Check complete information on NEET Entrance Exam here.