The National Testing Agency is all set to conduct the UGC NET exam May 2021 (December 2020 cycle) session. The first UGC NET exam was conducted by NTA in the month of December 2018 from 18th to 22nd December. The Agency has released a public notice for UGC NET May 2021 exam dates. The online application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2021 has also started from 2nd February 2021 onwards. The last date for completing the application process is 9th March 2021. Here are other important dates for the May 2021 exam:
Registration/Application Submission Dates – 2nd February to 9th March 2021
Availability of Admit Card – Yet to be announced
UGC NET May 2021 – 2nd to 7th, 10th to 12th, 14th, and 17th May 2021
Result announcement – Yet to be announced
Earlier, the UGC NET Exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on the behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam is held for the role of Junior Research Fellowship and/or Assistant Professor in a University or College. To appear for the exam, a candidate needs to fill the online application form for the UGC NET Exam.
When filling the UGC NET Exam application form, there are certain important requirements that a candidate must keep in mind. To know what are these important requirements should be kept in mind before filling the application form for the UGC NET exam are mentioned below:
Important Things to Consider When Filling the UGC NET 2021 Application Form
Educational Qualification Requirement
- A candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in his/her Master’s Degree, or its equivalent exam from a UGC recognised Universities or Institutions. However, the minimum marks required for OBC category candidates is 50%.
Note: OBC category includes non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) / persons with disability (PWD)
Documents Requirement -
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification documents – Passport, Ration Card, Bank A/c Number, or other Government ID
- Documents which verify candidate’s education qualifications such as mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree must be kept ready. Also, candidates who are awaiting their result for Master’s Degree can also apply for the exam.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Person with Disability (PwD) certificate (if applicable)
Photo and Signature Requirements
- Scanned copy of recent passport size photograph in JPG format. And, the size of the photographed image must not be less than 10KB and greater than 200KB.
- Scanned copy of signature in JPG format. Also, make sure the size of the signature image is not less 4KB and not greater than 30KB.
Apart from the above documents, candidates must have a valid email and mobile number. “The Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only,” the official notification states. These are the important requirements that you will need while filling the application form for UGC NET Exam.