The National Testing Agency is all set to conduct the UGC NET exam June 2020 session. The first UGC NET exam was conducted by NTA in the month of December 2018 from 18th to 22nd December. The Agency has released a public notice for UGC NET June 2020 exam dates. The online application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2020 has also started from 16th March 2020 onwards. The last date for completing the application process is 16th April 2020. Here are other important dates for the June 2020 exam:
Registration/Application Submission Dates – 16th March to 16th April 2020
Availability of Admit Card – 15th May 2020 onwards
UGC NET June 2020 – 15th to 20th June 2020
Result announcement – by 5th July 2020
Earlier, the UGC NET Exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on the behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam is held for the role of Junior Research Fellowship and/or Assistant Professor in a University or College. To appear for the exam, a candidate needs to fill the online application form for the UGC NET Exam.
When filling the UGC NET Exam application form, there are certain important requirements which a candidate must keep in mind. To know what are these important requirements which should be kept in mind before filling the application form for UGC NET exam are mentioned below:
Important Things to Consider When Filling the UGC NET Application Form
Educational Qualification Requirement
- A candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in his/her Master’s Degree, or its equivalent exam from a UGC recognised Universities or Institutions. However, the minimum marks required for OBC category candidates is 50%.
Note: OBC category includes non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) / persons with disability (PWD)
Documents Requirement -
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification documents – Passport, Ration Card, Bank A/c Number, or other Government ID
- Documents which verify candidate’s education qualifications such as mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree must be kept ready. Also, candidates who are awaiting their result for Master’s Degree can also apply for the exam.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Person with Disability (PwD) certificate (if applicable)
Photo and Signature Requirements
- Scanned copy of recent passport size photograph in JPG format. And, the size of the photographed image must not be less than 10KB and greater than 200KB.
- Scanned copy of signature in JPG format. Also, make sure the size of the signature image is not less 4KB and not greater than 30KB.
Apart from the above documents, candidates must have a valid email and mobile number. “The Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only,” the official notification states. These are the important requirements that you will need while filling the application form for UGC NET Exam.