The National Testing Agency is all set to conduct the second UGC NET exam under its supervision. The first UGC NET exam was conducted by NTA in the month of December from 18th to 22nd December 2018. The Agency has released a public notice for UGC NET June 2019 exam dates. The online application process for the National Eligibility Test (NET) 2019 is to begin from 1st March, as per the official notice. Here are other important dates for the June 2019 exam:
Registration/Application Submission Dates – 1st to 30th March 2019
Availability of Admit Card – 15th May 2019
UGC NET June 2019 – 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th June 2019
Result announcement – by 15th July 2019
Earlier, the UGC NET Exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on the behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam is held for the role of Junior Research Fellowship and/or Assistant Professor in a University or College. To appear for the exam, a candidate needs to fill the online application form for the UGC NET Exam.
When filling the UGC NET Exam application form, there are certain important requirements which a candidate must keep in mind. To know what are these important requirements which should be kept in mind before filling the application form for UGC NET exam are mentioned below:
Important Things to Consider When Filling the UGC NET Application Form
Educational Qualification Requirement
- A candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in his/her Master’s Degree, or its equivalent exam from a UGC recognised Universities or Institutions. However, the minimum marks required for OBC category candidates is 50%.
Note: OBC category includes non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) / persons with disability (PWD)
Documents Requirement -
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification documents – Passport, Ration Card, Bank A/c Number, or other Government ID
- Documents which verify candidate’s education qualifications such as mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree must be kept ready. Also, candidates who are awaiting their result for Master’s Degree can also apply for the exam.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Person with Disability (PwD) certificate (if applicable)
Photo and Signature Requirements
- Scanned copy of recent passport size photograph in JPG format. And, the size of the photographed image must not be less than 10KB and greater than 200KB.
- Scanned copy of signature in JPG format. Also, make sure the size of the signature image is not less 4KB and not greater than 30KB.
Apart from the above documents, candidates must have a valid email and mobile number. “The Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own (which cannot be changed later) as communication may be sent by NTA through e-mail or SMS,” the official notification states. These are the important requirements that you will need while filling the application form for UGC NET Exam.