JEE Advanced 2021 Live Updates: The engineering entrance exam will be conducted on 03rd July. Check details.
07th January 2021: The Union education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has announced JEE Advanced 2021 dates and changes in its eligibility criteria. As per the announced date, the JEE Advanced 2021 exam will be conducted by the IIT Kharagpur on 03rd July 2021. In addition to this, the education minister has scrapped 75% eligibility criteria in class 12 (for reserved category, it was 65%) from JEE Advanced and allowed third attempt for it. He allowed JEE Main 2020 qualified candidates who were unable to appear for the second stage of the examination due to the COVID-19 pandemic to directly participate in the JEE Advanced 2021. He wished all the students the very best and added ‘all candidates have enough time to prepare for the exam’.
Earlier, the education minister announced that JEE Main will be held four times this year for the engineering aspirants. It will offer flexibility to the candidates to improve their score. The first session of JEE Main 2021 is going to be held from 23rd to 26th February 2021. JEE Main is the entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at the IIITs, NITs and other CFTIs across the country.
What Official Announcement Says?
Going to the official announcement, the minister said, “JEE-Advanced will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur on 03rd July 2021. The minister further announced that the eligibility criteria of 75% marks for Class 12 board exam has been scrapped for the convenience of students. He also informed that JEE (Advanced) - 2021 will be held as a computer-based test.”
The union education minister also added, that the relaxation has been offered this year taking into account the challenging situation that students had to go through because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Last year as well, the 75% marks as eligibility criteria to appear for JEE Advanced 2021 was scrapped owing to the pandemic.
JEE Advanced 2021 Live Updates – Things To Know
- The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for JEE Advanced 2021 exam, which earlier was set at 75% marks in Class 12 Exams, has been relaxed.
- JEE Advanced 2021 exam will be held on 3rd July 2021 and that it will be organized by IIT Kharagpur.
- Several aspirants who were hoping that JEE Advanced 2021 would also be held in multiple sessions allowing candidates to appear in multiple attempts on the lines of JEE Main 2021, were left disappointed. As the JEE Advanced gateway for admission to premier technology institutes of the country i.e. IITs, would be held only in a single session and will have only one attempt.
- Education Minister also confirmed the number of test cities where the exam would be held. As per the announcement, JEE Advanced 2021 would be held at 222 exam cities across the country to ensure that candidates are able to appear for the exam easily, without having to travel too far from their homes.
- The detailed JEE Advanced 2021 dates will be out soon.