The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has opened the window for submitting requests for withdrawal of CDS I Application form on 3rd December 2018. Candidates who have applied for the examination can withdraw their application form if they are not interested in appearing for the exam. The closing date for withdrawal of application form is 10th December 2018.
As per a statement from the Commission, the facility has allowed the Commission to work with only those candidates who are serious about their career choice and has also enabled the Commission to provide better facilities and enhance its examination system.
Steps for submitting Withdrawal Request for CDS I 2019 Application Form
- Go to UPSC’s official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Window for withdrawal of online Applications for CDS-I-2019 is open from 03.12.2018 to 10.12.2018 till 6.00 PM at UPSCONLINE.NIC.IN’ link running on the home-page.
- You will be re-directed to upsconline.nic.in. Now click on ‘Click Here’ link to withdraw your application.
- Read the instruction and click on ‘Yes’ button.
- Enter your registration number and click on ‘Continue’ button.
- Continue with the process and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. You are required to enter the OTP to confirm your withdrawal. Request for application withdrawal will be accepted only after validating the OTP.
- After final acceptance of the withdrawal request, take a print out of the authenticated receipt.
- As per the official instructions, “Request for generating OTP for withdrawal of application will be accepted only till 5:30 PM on 10-12-2018.”
- Once an application is withdrawn, it cannot be revived at any stage under any circumstances.
- On successful withdrawal of the application, an auto-generated SMS/E-mail will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email-id.
- The application fee will not be refunded after withdrawal of the application form.
- If candidates have submitted more than one application, the one with higher registration id will be considered for withdrawal. Others will be treated as cancelled automatically.
The application submission process for the CDS-I examination 2019 was closed on 26th November 2018. The exam will be conducted on 3rd February 2019 for a total of 417 vacancies. The result of the examination will be announced in the month of March 2019.