Get The CSE 2018 Prelims Revised Syllabus
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the Civil Services Examination or IAS Examination 2017 every year. It is considered as one of the most prestigious examination in the country. By qualifying this exam, candidate’scome to occupy the highest rungs of the government administrative machinery. They are conferred lots of power and authority so that they can deliver their duty well. They are entrusted with the responsibility to build this nation. Nowadays, Civil Servants are also referred as the ‘Nation –Builders’.
Every year around 5 lakhs students appear in the CSE/IAS and only small percentage of them finally qualify this exam. It is also one of the toughest competitive examinations. It has a very low success ratio of only 0.2%. But for a determined student, nothing is an impossible task. If a student prepares for the CSE Exam strategically, then he /she can easily qualify this exam.
If you are appearing in the CSE 2018 Exam, then you should read this article to know about the different stages of the exam and CSE 2018 Preliminary exam syllabus.
CSE/IAS 2018 Exam: Stages of the Exam
There are 3 stages in the CSE/ IAS exam, namely –
The Preliminary round is a screening exam. It eliminates non-serious CSE aspirants. Also, marks scored by a candidate in the Preliminary exam are not counted while preparing the final order of the merit. After qualifying the CSE/IAS 2018 Preliminary exam, candidates will be able to take up the CSE/IAS 2018 Mains Exam.
CSE/IAS 2018 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
There are two papers in the CSE/IAS 2018 exam, namely –
Paper 1- General Awareness
Paper -2- CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- Each paper carries 200 marks.
- Paper 2 is a qualifying paper. A candidate should score at least 33% marks to qualify this paper.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
Preliminary 2018 Exam Paper 1 Syllabus
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Indian Polity and Governance –
- Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Public Policy
- Rights Issues, etc.
- Indian and World Geography –
- Economic Geography of India
- Economic Geography of the World
- General issues -
- Environmental Ecology
- Climate Change (that do not require subject specialization)
- General Science
- Economic and Social Development –
- Sustainable Development
- Social Sector initiatives, etc.
Preliminary 2018 Exam Paper 2 Syllabus
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.- Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)