The myth of a classroom study has been discontinued with the inception of distance education. Especially the emergence of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education University broke the conventional theory. This is to provide education for all, despite of all odds. It could be the time or money; individuals can get their choice of learning with SMU University. There are a huge number of students there, who left education after 10+2 with some reasons. They can continue their graduation with SMU University.
What are the courses available in SMU DE University?
The distance education with SMU University has undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of information technology and management studies. These courses are able to let students learn the subject effectively with latest development in the same field.
Students who have left studies after 10+2, they can choose the undergraduate programs of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education. There are certain courses for undergraduate students with the SMU DE University, which students can choose accordingly. These are all professional courses, so students have a better opportunity to get placed after successfully completing these courses.
What courses are there for undergraduate students in SMU University?
Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
SMU distance education, offers the Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) through distance learning education. The course duration is a minimum of 3 years (6 semesters) and a maximum of 5 years to complete it. This is a UGC approved program, so students can be sure about authenticity. Students, who are passed 10+2 or Equivalent, are eligible to take admission. It is designed in such a manner to achieve these goals for a learner.
- To understand and learn effective writing
- Learn interpersonal communication skills
- Learn to use information and technology effectively for problem solving
- Practical application of contemporary theories of Organizational Behavior
- Understanding of administrative functions for example planning, organizing, staffing and managing
Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) or B.Sc. (IT)
The degree program in information technology offered by SMU DE is known as B.Sc. (IT). This program is a minimum of 3 Years (6 semesters) and a maximum 5 Years to complete your degree successfully. The B.Sc. (IT) is one of the most popular undergraduate programs in India. This is because of the IT infrastructure and job opportunities here. This course serves these purposes for students as well as industry too.
- To develop strong analytical and problem solving skills with easier methods
- Learn to impart skills that is needed to work with advanced IT applications in different business sectors and environments
- Develop students with the knowledge required to manage multi-tasking and multi-programming situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions
- Learning and understanding of IT infrastructure
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
This is one of the popular undergraduate courses in computer application and Information technology. SMU DE offers a minimum of 3 years (6 semesters) and a maximum of 6 years to complete the BCA program under their distance learning education system. Students, who are unable to get the conventional engineering degree in computer application, can go with this course. It is designed to complete these goals benefitted to the students.
- It helps to get a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science and its application
- To learn the professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation, a complete software learning process
- This explains the analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications in industrial use
- The working knowledge and practical skills to address problems in computer systems and applications
- Teaches sound presentation and communication skills needed in the IT industry
The best part of enrolling with SMU University for distance education is that students get placement assistance too, which is nowhere with any of other universities. And, these professional courses are far better choice than those conventional degrees.