Undergraduate courses available at SMU University Distance Education
Last Modified on : 13 Jan 2022 Author : Tanvi Mittal
It is no longer necessary to have a classroom program to complete the graduation courses as students can now learn and earn a degree at their comfort zone itself. The emergence of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education University has broken the conventional theory of study. The individuals can get their choice of learning with the SMU University. There are various students, who left their education after 10+2 due to some reasons. But now, they can continue with their graduation with the help of courses under the SMU University.
What are the courses available in SMU DE University?
The distance education with SMU University has undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Information Technology and Management Studies. These courses let students learn the subject effectively with the latest development in the same field.
Students, who have left studies after 10+2, can now choose the undergraduate programs of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education (SMUDE). There are certain courses for undergraduate students with the SMU DE University, which students can choose accordingly. The university offers professional courses which ultimately helps the candidate to score decent placements.
List of undergraduate (UG) courses under SMU University Distance Education
The following are the courses under the Sikkim Manipal University (SMU).
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
SMU distance education offers the Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) through distance learning education. The course duration is a minimum of 3 years (6 semesters) and a maximum of 5 years. This is a UGC approved program, so students can be sure about its authenticity. Students, who have passed 10+2 or Equivalent, are eligible to take admission. The course is designed to help students score the following benefits:
- To understand and learn effective writing.
- Learn interpersonal communication skills.
- Learn to use Information and Technology effectively for problem-solving.
- Practical application of contemporary theories of Organizational Behaviour.
- Understanding administrative functions for example- Planning, Organizing, Staffing and Managing.
- Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) or B.Sc. (IT)
The degree program in Information Technology offered by SMU DE is known as B.Sc. (IT). This program is of minimum 3 Years (6 semesters) and of maximum 5 Years. The B.Sc. (IT) is one of the most popular undergraduate programs in India because of the IT infrastructure and job opportunities here. This course serves these purposes for students as well as an industry too.
- To develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills with easier methods.
- Learn to impart skills that are needed to work with advanced IT applications in different business sectors and environments.
- Develop students with the knowledge required to manage multitasking and multi-programming situations and to assess and develop computer-based solutions.
- Learning and understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
This is one of the popular undergraduate courses in computer application and Information technology. SMU DE offers a minimum of 3 years (6 semesters) and a maximum of 6 years to complete the BCA program under their distance learning education system. Students, who are unable to get the conventional engineering degree in computer application, can go with this course. It is designed to complete these goals for the benefits of students.
- It helps to get a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science and its application.
- To learn the professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation, a complete software learning process.
- This explains the analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications in industrial use.
- The working knowledge and practical skills to address problems in computer systems and applications.
- Teaches sound presentation and communication skills needed in an IT industry.
The best part of studying with SMU University for distance education is that students get placement assistance too, which is nowhere with any of other universities. And, these professional courses are far better choice than those conventional degrees.