NEET 2019 Exam Centre Rules – Prohibited Acts & Banned Items
Published on : 31st July 2018 Author : Tanvi Mittal
Medical aspirants will be submitting the NEET 2019 online application form from 1st November 2018. The medical entrance examination has been slated to take place on 5th May 2019. The mode of the exam would be pen and paper. If you are dreaming about a great career, make sure you take care of the following things while visiting the NEET exam venue.
NEET 2019 Exam Centre Guidelines:
The candidates must follow the decorum of the exam centre prescribed by the conducting body NTA. Not adhering to the code of conduct will be considered a breach of the examination rules. Any unfair means practised by the candidates will result in the cancellation of their candidature on the spot. The criminal proceeding will be initiated too.
As per the official notification, ‘Unfair means practice is an activity that allows a candidate to gain an unfair advantage over other candidates’.
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.
Things to Keep in Mind during NEET Exam 2019:
- No candidate is permitted to keep any items which are prohibited and can be used as unfair practices. The items are any stationary article, eatables, electronic gadgets, communication devices, accessories, ornaments, a piece of paper, any other documents and materials.
- Paying someone to impersonate the original candidate or preparing copy material is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates need to follow all rules issued by the Agency for the NEET examination time to time.
- Students are not allowed to write anywhere other than the given OMR sheet.
- The test-takers should not tear the answer sheet or the test booklet.
- The Applicants must keep quiet and don’t try to communicate with any other candidates or any other person other than invigilators during the examination.
- No candidate is allowed to take the answer sheet away from the examination centre.
- Misbehave or threatening any invigilators is strictly prohibited.
- Manipulation or fabrication of the admit card or any other documents are not acceptable.
- Do not try to erase any printed documents on the OMR sheet.
- Forceful entry and exit from the examination hall is not acceptable
- Do not provide wrong information on the answer sheet regarding the candidate’s details.
- Do not use any electronic device after entering the examination centre.
- If the candidates have attempted NEET previously, they need to disclose it.
If anyone is caught doing malpractices, it will be considered that he/she is indulging in unfair means. The applicant may be expelled from the exam and ‘also be liable for criminal action’.
List of Banned Items in NEET exam 2019:
Students will undergo a highly sensitive metal detector for the security check before entering the exam hall. It is done to ensure that they are not carrying the underneath items.
- Any stationary items like printed or written piece of paper, a pencil box, plastic pouch, geometry box, calculator, pen, scale, pen drive, eraser, log table, electronic pen or scanner.
- Communication devices like cell phone, Bluetooth headset, earphone, microphone, pager, health band etc.
- Accessories like wallet, goggles, handbags, caps, belts etc
- Ring, earrings, nose-pin, chain, necklace, pendants, badge, brooch or any other ornaments.
- Any electronic items like a watch, wrist watch, camera, bracelet etc.
- Any metallic items.
- Eatable items in open or packed and water bottle or beverage.
There will be no place in the examination centre for safekeeping items. It will be better to not bring them to the exam venue. But don’t forget to carry your admit card and required photographs (one passport size and one postcard size pasted on Performa).
Exam Centre Rules:
On the exam date, candidates must ensure that they enter the exam centre by 9.30 AM. Entry after the scheduled time is strictly prohibited. So, try to reach the exam centre minimum 1 hour before the scheduled time – considering the weather, traffic and location of the exam centre.