Last Minute Preparation Tips for NEET 2020 - Roadmap for Success
Published on : 18th June 2019 Author : Satyaranjan Bai
Considering the complexity of the NEET exam, it is important to have the best preparation strategy and comprehensive study to ace the exam. Cracking NEET in the first attempt is a dream of all the medical aspirants. For the candidates who have failed in NEET 2019 deserve a second chance and should appear in NEET 2020 to get into the best medical colleges in the country. Candidates must start their preparation at the earliest. And, before moving ahead with the study-plan, go through this article to obtain some fresh insights and useful preparation tips to streamline the strategy for the exam.
Exact Preparation Strategies for NEET 2020 Exam:
- The syllabus should be on your tongue: Get well-versed with the syllabus and have an awareness of every topic. It helps students develop a proper understanding of the syllabus through in-depth analysis.
- Identify interrelated topics: Topics are not isolated; rather, they are interrelated in some way. Identify such interrelated topics and form clusters of them. It will reduce the preparation effort.
- Streamline topics based on your interest: Students should pinpoint the interesting as well as uninteresting areas. As interesting areas might take less time to prepare, it is recommended to start preparing other areas first.
- Distinguish syllabus based on your strength, weakness and grey areas: Chalk-out areas based on your strength, weakness and fields that make you confused. You have got to devote some extra time to work on the weaker and grey areas. Once these parts are done, shift your focus to solving the questions.
- Solve question paper: Try your hands at the question pattern of the exam and solve the previous years’ question papers. It helps you understand the level of difficulty of the questions.
- Focus on Biology: As compared to Physics and Chemistry, Biology has more weightage. This is a scoring subject compared to other subjects.
NEET 2020 Dos and Don’ts:
Do not study new topics: Just before the commencement of the test candidates are advised never to study a new topic as it would be time consuming and non-productive.
Never do a selective study: Study the whole syllabus, never skip any topic.
Time-bound preparation: Make sure you are not spending much time on only one topic. Time-bound preparation is more fruitful.
No shortcut, only comprehensive study: There’s no shortcut to success. And if t is about the most challenging competitive entrance exam, you just can’t take risks.
No rote memorisation: Remember, rote learning won’t help in the long run. Instead of merely memorising formulas and information, your focus should be on understanding them.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020:
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET-UG 2020 exam in the month of May 2020. The online application process will tentatively begin in the month of November 2019. The NEET 2019 exam was conducted on 5th May 2019 and the result was announced on 5th June 2019.
Things not allowed to NEET 2020 examination centre for -
There are a few things every test-taker must keep in mind while appearing at the exam hall.
- Stationery items or eatables
- A communication device including earphones or microphones
- Dark clothes and hair accessories like hairpins, hair band, etc.
- Goggles, wrist watches, amulets and scarf
While turning up at the examination centre, you must carry your admit card along with passport size photograph and one identity proof at the centre of the exam. Do read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them.