Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2020 – Check Details
Those interested in applying for the Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2020 should visit the official website of the Join Indian Army and register themselves. Join Indian Army has sought online applications from interested and eligible candidates for the NCC Special Entry Scheme 48th Course Recruitment 2020. The last date to register for the Indian Army Recruitment 2020 is 6th February.
Indian Army Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
The application process for the Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 48th Course Recruitment 2020 has started on 8th January. Check out complete exam dates below –
Indian Army Recruitment 2020 Details
Online application process began
8th January 2020
Last date to apply
6th February 2020
Admit card to be released
To be notified later
Scroll left or right to view full table
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment - Vacancy Details
Join the Indian Army will recruit a total of 55 candidates both NCC Men and NCC Women for “grant of Short Service Commission”. The details are as follows –
- NCC Men: 50 posts (45 posts for General Category candidates and remaining 05 posts for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only)
- NCC Women: 05 posts (04 posts for General Category candidates and remaining 1 post for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only)
Applications are invited from unmarried men and women (including Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel). Read complete eligibility details underneath –
- All Indian male and female candidates are eligible for NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Subjects of Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet who came over to India before the first of January 1962 intending to stay in India permanently
- PIO (Person of Indian Origin) migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Vietnam and East African countries including the United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Zaire, Ethiopia and Malawi intending to stay in India forever
- These candidates belonging to the (ii) and (iii) need to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- However, the candidates belonging to the Gorkha unit of Nepal need not show any type of eligibility certificate
Academic Qualification & Other Criteria:
- If the applicants hold NCC ‘C’ Certificate, they must hold a University Degree with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks. If studying in the final year, they still can apply “provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/ three years of three/ four years degree course respectively”. They further must secure an overall aggregate of 50% marks (minimum) if selected in the interview. In case they failed to secure the minimum marks, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Should have served in NCC for two academic years (minimum) in the Senior Division
- Must have obtained B Grade in ‘C’ certificate exam
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel: 05 vacancies under Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel are dedicated to Wards of Battle Casualties. This means both “unmarried sons and daughters including legally adopted” can apply when casualties specified as –
- Injured or wounded (other than self-inflicted)
- Succumb to injuries or would (other than self-inflicted)
- Killed in action
- Such applicants must possess a degree from any recognised University with 50% marks. They don’t need to show NCC ‘C’ certificate. However, such candidates must produce certain documents –
- The “Battle Casualty” certificate number. It should be “issued by MP Dte/ Respective Regimental Records and vetted by AG/ MP-5D certifying “that the father or mother has been reported missing/ wounded/ killed in action.
- Also, the applicants need to get a copy of the Records
- Should be between 19 to 25 years
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment Application Process –
Did you meet the eligibility criteria? Great! You can now visit the official website and fill in the online application form.
- Visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Look for ‘Officers Entry Apply/Login’ link and click ‘Registration’
- Complete the registration process after reading instructions carefully.
- Open your profile, after registration, click on “Apply Online”
- You will be taken to a new page - “Officers Selection-Eligibility”
- Now, click on ‘Apply’ to get the ‘Application Form’ page
- Fill details like personal information, education details, contact details and details of previous SSB
- Click ‘Save & Continue’ before heading to the next segment
- Complete the procedure, move to ‘Summary of Information’ to check and edit entries if there be any.
- Click ‘Submit’ if all information is correct.
Candidates need to submit a copy of the application form to the selection Centre for SSB. Ensure the form should be duly signed and self-attested with photograph affixed.
For candidates serving in the Indian Armed Forces, they need to let their Commanding Officer know in writing that they have sought to sit in the examination.
Note: “No offline applications will be accepted”
Fee: There is no application fee.
For more details, visit the official website.