Why You Need To Insert Aadhaar Card Number in UGC NET 2018 Application Form?
Published on : 2nd February 2018 Author : Tanvi Mittal
The Central Board of Secondary Education has made Aadhaar card mandatory for applying for UGC NET 2018. Last year they have published the notification in the newspaper regarding the new update. The Board organizes the National Eligibility Test for University Grants Commission or UGC every year for the selection of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistance Professor. The JRF candidates will get the chance to pursue research work in IITs or any other research institutes. If you want to know about this recent change regarding Aadhaar card then go through this article for more details.
- The Aadhaar card will be used to have accurate details of the candidates. It will also help in establishing the identity of the candidate in the examination center without any trouble and confusion. Candidates don’t need to produce multiple documents for address and identity proof instead they need to provide the Aadhaar card number only.
- The Aadhaar Act and Regulation comes into effect from 14th September 2016 and the official notification was published on the official Gazette. As per Section 57 of the Aadhaar Card act 2016, the usage of Aadhaar card number to establish ‘identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect’.
- As per the above-stated provision, CBSE board has made Aadhaar card mandatory for all the UGC NET applicants. Please find the notification here.
- “Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in the online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.”
- “Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.”
- This above stated provision is applicable to any citizen of India except inhabitants of Assam, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir.
- For the candidates of Assam, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir, Aadhaar card number is not mandatory. They need to enter the bank account number, ration card number, passport number, or any other Government identity number. They need to select examination center in their respective state only.
- The candidates who have not received the Aadhaar card number till now have to insert the enrolment number. In case of any spelling mistake, candidates need to visit nearest enrolment center and apply for correction in the card.