UPSC CDS II 2017 Final Result Announced – Check Merit List and Other Details
UPSC CDS II 2017 final result released at the official website. Find steps to check the same.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the final result of the Combined Defence Services (CDS) (II) 2017. Candidates can check out the result at the official website following the steps mentioned below.
Steps for checking the UPSC CDS II 2017 Final Result
- Go to the official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Final Result: Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017’ link under ‘What’s New’ section.
- Click on the PDF file link on the page that appears.
- The result will appear; check your roll number.
- Take a print out for future reference (if required).
Please note the result of medical examination has been considered for preparing the merit list.
- A total of 192 candidates have qualified the Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2017 on the basis of written examination conducted in November 2017 and subsequent SSB interviews conducted by the Services Selection Board, Ministry of Defence.
- Separate merit lists have been released for different wings of defence services. The details of qualified candidates are as follows:
- For Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 103 candidates
- For Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala – 69 candidates
- For Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 20 candidates
- Vivek Tharkoti has topped for the Indian Military Academy and Debasis Sarangi has topped for the Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.
Here are the vacancy details for the three wings of defence services as intimated by the Government:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 (including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ certificates (Army Wing
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala – 45 (including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders (Naval Wing))
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32
Important Note: Marks of candidates will be released only after the declaration of the final result of Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) for Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2017.