IISER Admission 2018 – Online Applications Invited for BS-MS Programme
IISER admission 2018 has begun. Candidates can apply for BS-MS programme right on the official website.
25 May 2018: Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) have released the 2018 application form for admission to 5-year BS-MS degree programme offered at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati campuses. Interested candidates can apply through the official admission website.
Steps to apply for IISER Admission 2018
- Go to the official website - https://www.iiseradmission.in/.
- Click on ‘here’ in the ‘Application portal is open. Please click here to apply link on the home-page.
- Click on the ‘Sign Up’ option at the top-left side.
- Enter the details asked for and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be asked to verify your email-id. Once done, you can again log-in to IISER website to complete the application form.
- Upload the required documents (scanned image of recent passport size photograph, mark-sheet, etc.) and make the fee payment to complete the form.
- You can complete the form in parts. Log out and log in later to complete the form.
- Once the form is complete, take a print out of the completed form.
Every candidate is required to pay the application fee for IISER Admission as stated below:
- For GEN and OBC (NC) categories – ₹ 2000/-
- For other categories – ₹ 1000/-
Note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- The institutes offer a five-year BS-MS degree programme for students who have passed class 10+2 from Science stream. The structure of the course is as follows:
1st and 2nd year – Core courses in basic sciences
3rd and 4th year – Specialisation in science subjects
5th year – Research project
If you wish to pursue the BS-MS dual degree in Engineering Sciences from IISER Bhopal, Mathematics is mandatory at 10+2 level.
- From this year onward, a new programme has been introduced in IISER Bhopal – BS in Economic Sciences. The programme is of 4-year duration and candidate should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has set up the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISE₹) for the promotion of high-quality education, research, and training in Science stream. For details on IISER Admission channels, important dates, etc., candidates should visit the official website.