100% Placement for IIM Nagpur Post Graduate Programme 2016-18 Batch
100% placement record for IIM Nagpur Post Graduate Programme 2016-18 batch.
07 April 2018: Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Nagpur has recorded 100% placement for the second batch of its Post Graduate Programme (PGP). Mr Souvik Roy, In-charge, Career Development Services (CDS), IIM Nagpur said, "Our students have made their presence felt in the corporate world, and I am sure that it is just the beginning. I would also like to thank all our corporate partners for their confidence in IIM Nagpur and its students. We are sure of reaching greater pinnacles in the years to come."
Details of Placements
- Batch 2016-18 Size – 54 students; 47 Male and 07 Female
- Students Participation – 54 students participated. 1 out of the 7 female students opted out to pursue her start-up plans.
- Recruiters – 40 recruiters (including many first time participants) participated in the placement drive from various sectors such as IT consulting, FMCG, Analytics, Consumer Durables, BFSI, Media, and Logistics.
- Major Recruiters – IT sector (Infosys BPM, Tech Aspect, Value Labs, JK Technosoft) followed by BFSI (Bajaj Allianz, Yes Bank, SBI Mutual Fund). IT sector has witnessed an increase of 28% in hiring.
- Highest Annual Package – 19 Lakh
- Average CTC of the Batch 2016-18 – 12.05 Lakh per annum
Education, consulting, and e-commerce had the minimum contribution to the hiring process.
An official statement from IIM, Nagpur reads; 'This year IIM Nagpur also witnessed enthusiastic participation from senior executives of companies like Maharashtra Metro, Stellar Value Chain Solutions Limited, Fractal Analytics, HDFC AMC, Axis Risk Consulting, Lowe Lintas, TCS, HUL, Marico and Tie Global among others, in the form of open seminars and guest lectures'
In January 2018, IIM Nagpur conducted its summer placement for the third batch of Management course. More than 50 recruiters participated in summer placement from various sectors viz. IT Consulting, MCG, BFSI, Analytics, Logistics, Consumer Durables, and Media and Broadcasting.