CBSE has launched a web portal where applications are invited from interested teachers and Principals for CBSE award 2017-18. The last date to register is July 13.
New Delhi/03.07.2018: There have been numerous measures taken in the past for the betterment of students. Now it is the time for their teachers and Principals to make a mark and become eligible for CBSE teacher’s award 2018. The Central Board of Secondary Education, for the very first time, has launched a web portal where applications are invited from interested teachers and Principals for CBSE award 2017-18. The candidates will be selected based on their reputation, academic interest, contributions and commitment towards education.
CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018 Important Dates:
The last date to register for the programme is July 13. It started on June 29.
- Commencement of registration: 29th June
- Last date to register: 13th July
CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018 Selection Criteria:
The responsibility of selecting teachers and Principals for the award is bestowed upon the National Level Screening Committee (NLSC). It is based out at the CBSE headquarter and will conduct the selection procedure as per the following points –
- General Criteria: This section involves scholarly contributions, awards and honours, curriculum, functional research, academic qualifications, community and student development achievements, etc.
- Specific Criteria: This section keeps a close watch on a wide range of traits of a teacher, such as teaching contributions, remedial teaching, etc.
- Video-graphed lessons (two) of 30 minutes each where the teacher must be interacting with students with proper lesson plans.
- Face to face interaction.
About the Awards:
The total number of awards that would be distributed to various subject teachers from primary, secondary and senior secondary subject teacher and Principals is 48. 5 awards are reserved for Principals, while 10 awards have been kept for school counsellors, physical education and IT teachers, special educators, etc. The rest awards are earmarked for teachers.