KCET 2019 - Provisional Answer Key Released, Result in May
Published on : 3rd May 2019
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has released the provisional answer key for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2019 on 1st May 2019. Candidates who have appeared for the exam conducted on 29th and 30th April 2019 can check out the provisional answer key at the official website of the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Steps to check the KCET 2019 Provisional Answer Key
Follow the steps provided below to check the provisional answer key:
- Go to the official website - http://kea.kar.nic.in/.
- Click on ‘CET-2019’ option under the ‘Flash News’ section.
- Look for the ‘CET-2019 - Provisional Answer Keys’ section.
- Separate links are available for each subject viz. Math, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Click on the link for checking the answer key.
- The answer key PDF will open.
- Download and take a print for estimating your KCET score.
Candidates can match their answers with the answer key and estimate their KCET score. The marking scheme is as under:
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer
- No mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
Challenging the Answer Key
Candidates will be given an opportunity to challenge the answer key. The objections are to be submitted online from 4th to 8th May 2019 till 5:30 PM. No other mode of submitting the objections will be considered valid. Candidates must submit the objections with clear explanation and supporting documents. The link to submit objections will become active on 4th May 2019.
The objections raised by the candidates will be examined by an Expert Committee. The final answer key will be released along with the result after considering the objections raised by the candidates. No further objections will be considered against the final answer key. The evaluation of the answer sheets will be done on the basis of the final answer key.
KCET 2019 Result 2019
The KCET 2019 result will be announced by the exam conducting authority in the month of May. Separate rank lists will be published for different courses viz. Engineering, Architecture, and Farm Science courses. “Request for re-totalling or revaluation of the OMR answer sheets will not be entertained, as the valuation and the subsequent scoring will be error-free,” states the official notification. The result will be available through the official website and candidates can check their KCET result through their registration number.