UPSEE Exam 2018 Merit List and Counselling
Published on : 30th January 2018 Author : Tanvi Mittal
The result of UPSEE 2018 will be declared in the first week of June 2018. The performance of candidates will be the basic criteria for merit list. There will be separate merit lists for different courses based on the performance of the candidates participated. Students can review their merit position, score-cards with total marks and marks obtained in each subject on the official website once the results are declared.
UPSEE 2018 Merit List
In case, there is a tie between two or more candidates, then inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows.
Firstly, on the basis of number of incorrect answers given. Candidates giving the lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed at higher in the merit list.
- For B.Tech. – On the basis of the marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry sections of Paper 1 respectively and then by age*
- For B.Pharma. - On the basis of marks obtained in Biology, Chemistry, Physics sections of Paper 2 respectively and then by age*
- For B.Arch. - On the basis of marks obtained in Drawing Aptitude, Mathematics & Aesthetics sensitivity section of Paper 4 respectively and then by age*
- For B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) - On the basis of marks obtained in AG-I, AG-II,AG-III section of Paper 3 respectively and then by age*
- For B.Tech. (Bio Tech) - On the basis of the marks obtained in Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry sections of Paper 1 respectively and then by age*
- For BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, MBA, MCA and lateral entry – Only by age
* Candidate of higher age will be placed at higher in the respective merit list
Thirdly, on the basis of application number, the lowest application number will be placed at higher in the merit list.
The successful candidates will be called for counselling according to their merit in UPSEE-2018 by intimating through Newspapers and websites. You need to keep a watch on the websites https://aktu.ac.in or http://www.upsee.nic.in for any updates over counselling. You can also download the counselling schedule from the website. The counselling will be conducted in three phases as verification of the document, choice filling and confirmation of the seats.
1- Verification of the documents
Selected students need to visit the allotted counselling centre/verification centre to get their documents verified. You need to carry the original as well photocopies of documents as mentioned in UPSEE 2018 Information Brochure to the centre. After the successful verification, candidates will get an OTP (One Time Password) on their mobile numbers. This OTP number is mandatory for the next step of counselling.
2 - Choice filling
You need to fill your choice of course as well as institute preferences for taking admission. The allotment of seats will on the basis of the UPSEE 2018 ranks secured by the candidates.
3 - Confirmation of seat
The confirmation of the seats will be the next step after locking the seats by candidates. Candidates will get seats where they lie on the merit list and the course preference mentioned by them in the choice filling step. Now, candidates need to submit the require fee for confirmation of their seats in the given time period. Falling short of submitting the confirmation fee and document will get cancelled automatically.