No interviews for non-gazetted posts in Group B, C and D category in Uttar Pradesh.
30 August 2017: In a landmark step, the Uttar Pradesh government has ended the interview process for non-gazetted posts in Group B, C and D categories.
The decision was taken on Tuesday at a cabinet meeting headed by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. It aims at bringing transparency in the staff selection process for government jobs.
According to an official statement; “Keeping in mind the system followed by the Government of India, it has been decided to end the interview process for the government jobs in all non-gazetted posts of Group B, Group C and Group D”
The state Health Minister, Siddharth Nath Singh, has appreciated the decision saying that it will end the corruption in the country.
More updates from the Cabinet Meeting
Apart from doing away the interview process, following decisions were taken in the cabinet meeting:
- Fixation of support price of paddy to
- ₹ 1,550 per quintal for common variety
- ₹ 1,590 per quintal for grade-A variety
- Aligarh Nagar Nigam boundary will be expanded. A decision regarding increasing the boundary of Bhawari Nagar Panchayat, Kaushambi district was also taken.
- The cabinet gave its consent for the construction of Kailash Mansarovar Bhawan in Ghaziabad to facilitate pilgrims of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, Chaardhaam Yatra and Sindhu Darshan Yatra.