The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) from 15th to 20th June 2020. The admit cards for the examination will be released on the official website on 15th May 2020. Candidates can be downloaded from the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Here are some important instructions that the candidates need to keep in mind before appearing for UGC NET 2020. You will also find these instructions on your admit card.
- Reaching the exam destination prior to time will save you from the last minute rush. Make it a point to reach the examination centre 2 hours 30 minutes prior to the exam.
- Carry your photo identity proof and your admit card to the examination centre.
- Electronic devices, mobile phones, pagers, papers, notebooks, books, watch etc. are not allowed inside the examination centre.
- Use of calculators with log tables is not allowed.
- Candidates are required to follow a code of conduct inside the examination hall which includes no argument with the invigilator and following the instructions carefully. Misconduct will be treated as unfair and will result in disqualification.
- A candidate will not be allowed to appear in paper II and III if he doesn’t appear in paper I.
- UGC NET paper doesn’t have negative marking system.
- No TA (travelling allowance) will be paid to candidates for appearing in the exam.
Time Schedule for UGC NET 2020 June session
Check out the time schedule for all the papers of UGC NET 2020 which will be followed on 5 November.
Entry to the examination centre
7:30 AM to 8:30 AM
12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
Entry to the examination hall
8:45 AM to 9:00 AM
1:45 PM to 2:00 PM
Scroll left or right to view full table
- Gangtok (Sikkim)
- Murthal (Sonepat)
- New Delhi
- Patan (Gujarat)
- Srinagar (J&K)
- Srinagar (Uttrakhand)
- Silchar (Assam)
Check out the official notification for the complete list of examination centers. The exam is to be conducted at 225 exam centers all over the country.
The complete address of the examination venue is provided in the admit card. Candidates are advised to visit the venue a day before if they are not sure about the location.
The UGC NET Examination is held for determining the eligibility of post-graduate students for the post of Assistant Professor and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.