NEST Result 2020 Declared – Detailed Steps To Download Scorecard
The candidates can check NEST result 2020 through the website- nestexam.in. Follow steps to download scorecard online.
NEST Result 2020 finally out! The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) have declared NEST 2020 results for all the candidates who appeared for the National Entrance Screening Test 2020. Candidates can now check their NEST result 2020 online through the official website. The result of NEST 2020 results have been released on the official website. To check their NEST 2020 result, candidates are required to login to the official website and enter their roll number and other requisite credentials.
NEST Result 2020 Highlights
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) was conducted on 29th September 2020 in the online mode as a Computer-Based Test. NEST 2020 result is made available in the form of rankcards that will include marks secured by the candidates, qualifying status and rank. Candidates who are regarded as qualified on the basis of NEST results 2020 will be eligible for counselling and seat allotment rounds. Candidates must note that the conducting body releases the results of NEST in the online mode only. The soft copy of the result will be required for counselling and admission process.
Steps To Check NEST 2020 Result –
Candidates awaiting their NEST result can follow these steps mentioned below to check the same.
Step 1: Visit the official website - nestexam.in.
Step 2: Click on the link for NEST 2020 result.
Step 3: Enter your roll number, mobile number and date of birth.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 5: Check and download your NEST result 2020.
NEST 2020 Scorecard – Mentioning Details
While the merit lists will mention overall scores and rank obtained by the candidates in NEST 2020, the individual scorecards will mention the following details:
- Candidates details including, name and roll number.
- Scores obtained by candidates in the General section.
- Scores obtained by the candidates in each section attempted by them.
- Total scores obtained by the candidates out of 180 (General section 30 marks+ 50 marks each of best three subjects).
- Percentile scores of the candidates.
- Merit rank obtained by the candidates.
Tie Breaking Policy for NEST 2020 Merit List
To prepare the merit list and in case of any tie among 2 or more students the following methodology is used:
- If two candidates will get an equal score then the candidate with a higher score in the general section get the higher rank.
- If the tie still persist then the best score in the subject section is compared and the candidate with the better score get higher rank.
- Again if the tie is still there then the candidates get the same provisional rank at the time of result declaration. Later at the time of counselling the tie is broken on the basis of the marks scored in 12th class. If the tie still persists then the younger student will get a higher rank.
NEST 2020 Counselling Procedure
Candidates who qualify the entrance exam after checking their result have to take part in the National Entrance Screening Test counselling rounds. The registered candidates must be present at the counselling venue of choice on counselling day. Failing to appear on the same date and time of counselling results in losing your claim of admission.
Next, the attendance of all the candidates present at the counselling venues is taken. Based on the attendance of the students present both at NISER and CBS, and the original merit list, a combined ‘modified’ merit list is prepared and the admission is done.