JEE July 18-23, NEET on July 26 Says HRD Minister, Check Schedule
JEE Main, NEET 2020 exam will be held in July, while JEE Advance in August – HRD Minister announced.
05th May 2020: A month after postponed all competitive exams was scheduled in April, May, and June, in a wake of Covid-19 Lockdown, the Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Tuesday had made a major announcement regarding the fresh dates for JEE main 2020 and NEET UG 2020examinations in his webinar on Twitter and Facebook.
The minister announced that the JEE Main, the gateway exam for admission to IITs and NITs will now be conducted from 18th to 23rd July (held over five days), while the NEET UG 2020 exam for undergraduate medical programmes will be held on 26th July 2020, as per the new dates. He added further, that the 2020 session of JEE Advanced exam will be held in the month of August. However, the date of exam will be declared in the due course of time.
HRD Minister Interacts With Students – Major Announcements
On Tuesday (05th May 2020), the HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank conducted a live interaction with students and made some major announcement for the education industry, check them all.
- Pokhriyal informed that the JEE Main 2020 will now held be between 18th to 23rd July 2020.
- He further added NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2020 will now be performed on 26th July 2020.
- JEE advanced will be conducted in August, while the dates will be announced soon.
- The JEE Main, NEET admit cards 2020 for applied students will be released soon at the authorized platform of NTA.
- For the upcoming academic year, the syllabus of class 11th and class 12th will be reduced for students, hence JEE Main and NEET 2021 will be performed on the reduced syllabus basis.
JEE Main, NEET 2020 – Additional Details
This year, over 9 lakh candidates are registered for JEE Main exam, while 15.93 lakh have applied for NEET 2020. The National Testing Agency (NTA) was to issue hall tickets to NEET candidates in April, but the process was not taken up, as the MHRD decided to postpone the exam, due to the nationwide lockdown due to coronavirus outbreak.
The minister was addressing many queries of students through a webinar on Twitter and Facebook. He also informed the dates of other exams including UGC NET exam will also be announced shortly.
Facility For Students
In order to appear for JEE Main, NEET and other competitive exams, the candidates will not have to move to other cities/town, as the NTA has provided for the same. Participants in different entrance exams will be allowed to mention their preferred exam cities and centres where they wish to appear in the online forms. Depending on the availability, they will be allotted with their desired centres.