The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has opened the facility to make corrections in the names incorrectly entered during the GATE 2020 registration process. Candidates who have applied for the exam and wish to make corrections in the field of Name, Parent’s Name, and other minor changes can do so, as the GATE 2020 Application Form Correction Window will be accessible by visiting the official GOAPS portal which is http://appsgate.iitd.ac.in.
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction Procedure
This year, the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) hosts the GATE 2020 Application process. In order to make some minor changes in the application form, one must visit the official portal of exam and complete the login process by using their username and password to open the filled application form. Now, one should make a note that the corrections will be allowed in the below-mentioned fields, that includes:
- Date of Birth
- PwD status
- Details regarding Parent’s Name/ Correspondence address
- Name of the College and Location
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction Window: Steps to Follow
- Open the GOAPS login portal and enter your Enrollment ID/ Email Address and Password in the provided space.
- Now, do the calculation, appear on your pc or laptop display and click the Submit button to complete the login process.
Note: If you forgot your enrolment id or password, then tap the “Forgot Enrollment ID or Password” tab and do follow the steps, to successfully complete the login process.
- After the login process, the status of your filled GATE 2020 application form appears in the login window. If the candidate wants to make changes in the form then click on the “Change Applicant Details” option.
- In the next screen, your application form appears. Now, candidates are allowed to rectify the errors that he/she would like to change.
- At last, click on “Submit Changes” and complete the process.
- Download a copy of the final application form and take a photocopy of the same for future reference.
No changes can be made in any other details of the application form. The exam conducting authority has allowed corrections in the exam city till 15th November 2019. If in case candidate finds it difficult to edit the application form, they can follow the step-by-step guide on how to fill the GATE 2020 application form.