NEET 2017: Tamil Nadu Government Reserved 85% Medical Seats for State Board Students

Published on : 26th June 2017    Author : Tanvi Mittal

Tamil Nadu government has reserved 85% medical seats for students who have passed from state board. State counselling will begin from July 17.

Following the NEET 2017 results, Tamil Nadu’s Health Minister Dr. C. Vijayabaskar announced in the Tamil Nadu Assembly that 85% seats from the state quota would be reserved for students who have completed class 12 from the state board under Department of School Education, Tamil Nadu. Admission to these medical seats would be done on the basis of NEET scores. The allocation will apply only to the state quota excluding 15% All India Quotas.

NEET 2017 Counseling Update

The Minister also said that the government issued an order on 22 June allocating 85% to Tamil Nadu state board students and the rest 15% to others (CBSE and similar boards such as ICSE.)

The National Eligibility cum Entrance (NEET) results were declared on 23 June, 2017.

This move was made to protect the interest of 4.2 lakh students from Tamil Nadu board who constitutes 90% of total class 12th students. Only 4,685 students were from the CBSE board.

The registration and choice filling of All India Quota counselling will begin from 3 July and the results will be published on 15 July. Tamil Nadu state level medical counselling is scheduled to begin from 17 July.

Related Article -

Available Application Forms

Recommended Books for NEET Exam 2021