WeSchool or Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research has been established in the year 1977 with the vision to provide quality education. The S.P. Mandali's Prin L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool) works under the guidance of S.P Mandali Trust, which is one of the oldest trust working in the education sector. It has the features of successfully running 43 educational institutions across the country and more. WeSchool has two different campuses located one in Mumbai and another one in Bengaluru.
There has been some very progressive changes in the past years with the institutes and which is significantly helpful for the education and industry environment. It is known for reinforcing the ties between the academia and industry and bridge the gap. The same finds expression in its contemporary programs and futuristic training; a perfect blend of concepts into real time problems. Along the conventional specializations that are considered an ideal section of management studies, the Institute also offers programs in Business Design, E -Biz, Research and Business Analytics, Rural, Retail, Healthcare and Media and Entertainment as a focused learning programme.
The institutes has achieved certain recongnitions and accreditations.
- SAQS (South Asian Quality Assurance System)
- National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Mumbai University
- HRD Ministry, Government of India
- ISO 9001:2000 certified institute (BVQi)
- AACSB (in progress, mentor assigned)
- EQUIS (in progress)
- Ranked as the top 50 B-Schools as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) conducted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
The Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research has been ranked 12th in Private B-School Category nationally and 11th in West Zone by Times of India in their Business School Survey 2017