JNUEE 2018-19 scheduled to be held in the month of December. Check out the important points.
15 September 2017: The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi has released the entrance exam dates for its 2018-19 academic session. The JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam) will be conducted from 27 December to 30 December 2017. The university has declared earlier that the entrance exam schedule will be shifted from regular May and June to the month of December. Students can check the official notice on the University website; www.jnu.ac.in.
According to the notice, “Part-time programmes (certificate and diploma courses) will have 240 seats open”
Important Points: JNUEE 2018-19
- Online application submission process has started from 15 September at 10:00 AM. Candidates can apply through official website.
- Exam will be held in 53 cities in India and also in Kathmandu (Nepal).
- The exam dates are 27, 28, 29 and 30 December 2017.
- The entrance exam will be held for the following courses:
- M.Phil/Ph.D. courses – 720
- Bachelor’s of Arts – 459
- M.A/M.Sc./M.Tech and MPH – 1,118
The JNU Teachers Association (JNUTA) has opposed the announcement and demanded more time to discuss the matter. Moreover, the administration’s opinion on replacing Gender Sensitive Committee against Sexual Harassment (GSCASH) with an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) has been opposed by both JNU Students’ Union (JNUSU) and JNU Teachers’ Association (JNUTA).
This decision of changing the schedule of the JNU Entrance Exam (JNUEE) was advised at a meeting of the University’s Academic Council (AC) held two years ago.