The online process for GATE application form filling will start from 1 September. And, the last date for online form submission is 5 October. The most important step while filling up the application form is uploading photograph and signature. Most of the times, applications are rejected (without fee refund) because photos and signature don’t meet the required specifications. So, here are the specifications for photograph and signature required for GATE Entrance Exam 2018:
- Upload high quality photograph. The photograph will appear on your GATE scorecard.
- Use recent coloured photograph. The photograph must be taken after 01 August 2017 by a professional photographer. Photographs taken from mobile phone may get rejected.
- A passport size photograph with dimensions 3.5 cm width and 4.5 cm height of the face of the candidate is required.
- Ask the photographer to provide the photo in a JPEG format.
- Maximum size of JPEG image can be 480x640 pixels. Minimum size should be 240x320 pixels.
- Background of the photo must not be dark. Keep it WHITE or any other light colour.
- The photograph should have a full-face view with at least 50% of the area occupied by candidates face. Look directly into the camera.
- Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible. Main features of the face should not be covered with any cloth.
- For candidates who wear spectacles, photograph with glare on the glasses will not be accepted. If he glare cannot be avoided, don’t wear spectacles in the photo shoot.
- Avoid spectacles with dark and tinted glasses.
- Poor quality photograph will result in rejection of GATE application form without refund of fee.
Steps for getting the accurate signature as per GATE requirements
- Take an A4 size plain white paper.
- Draw a rectangular box with following dimensions:
- Breadth = 2 cm
- Length = 7 cm
- Sign with black or dark blue ink pen inside the box. Signature in any other colour will be rejected.
- Signature in all CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of your signature along with the box through a professional scanner.
- Keep the scanned image in JPEG format within following size limits:
- Maximum image size: 160 x 560 pixels.
- Minimum image size: 80 x 280 pixels.
- Crop the image to the border of the rectangular box and upload it.
Following the instructions provided above for scanning photograph and signature will surely help you in filling the GATE entrance exam 2018 application form accurately.