Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India level examination administered and conducted in 8 zones throughout the country by the GATE committee including Faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and 7 other IITs.
On the basis of GATE score/rank, candidates are given admission to Post Graduate (PG) Programmes such as ME, MS, M.Tech and Direct Ph.D. in institutes like IITs and IISc with financial support by MHRD. Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) also consider GATE scores for the recruitment of candidates in various reputed and high paying positions in different departments of the organisations.
However, making your way through GATE Exam is a difficult task. One has to have through preparation for the exam. Candidates must prepare dedicatedly and systematically in order to crack GATE exam. And, to do so, one should refer to the best reference books for his respective subject.
Gate exam is conducted in 23 Disciplines, out of which Aerospace Engineering is one of the most sought-after papers by the candidates. To help candidates prepare for Aerospace Engineering paper, we have provided below a list of best reference books for Aerospace Engineering (AE) paper.
Books For Aerospace Engineering (AE)
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics - John D. Anderson, Jr.
- Aerodynamics for Engineering Students - E.L. Houghton, P.W. Carpenter
- Gas Dynamics - E. Rathakrishnan
- Modern Compressible flow - John D. Anderson, Jr.
FLIGHT MECHANICS (Performance, Stability & Control)
- Introduction to Flight - John D. Anderson, Jr.
- Aircraft Performance & Design - John D. Anderson, Jr.
- Airplane Performance, Stability, and Control - Perkins & Hage
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics - Erwin Kreyszig
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics - RK Jain, SRK Iyengar
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics - HK Dass
- Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion - Hill & Peterson
- Gas Turbines - V Ganesan
- Elements of Rocket Propulsion - George P. Sutton
- Elements of Gas Turbine Propulsion - Jack D Mattingly
- A Textbook of Strength of Materials - RK Bansal
- Aircraft Structures for engineering students - THG Megson
- Strength of Materials - Stephen Timoshenko
Referring to the above-suggested books will help significantly in the preparation of Aerospace Engineering paper.