The NMIT (Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology) was founded in 2001 by Vinaya Hedge. He is the son of the late Justice K. S Hedge who founded NMAMIT (Nitte Mahalinga Adyanathaya Memorial Institute of Technology) at Nitte.
The NMIT is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is an autonomous institution of engineering. The college is counted among the top 50 engineering colleges in India.
NMIT: Affiliations and Accreditations
- It is accredited by the AICTE.
- It has NAAC ‘A’ grade rating.
NMIT: On-Campus Facilities
There are numbers of facilities in the campus to give students a creative learning experience. There are libraries, laboratories, hostels, and canteen to give students a hassle-free stay.
Area – The NMIT College is spread in an area of 23 acres.
There are different laboratories for different branches of engineering.
- Mechanical Laboratory – It is a well-equipped laboratory with all necessary equipment for students like Miller, drilling, and sapper machines. There is IC Engine lab; Heat and mass transfer laboratory; 2 CAD labs; and 30 lathe machines.
- Aeronautical Laboratory – There is a wind tunnel laboratory.
- Computer Laboratory – There are 8 Sun Work-Stations and 27 P-4 computers.
- Electronic Laboratory – There are 7 P- 4 computers.
- NMIT Clean Room – There is an electronic lab of 10,000 ppm.
Annual Festivals –
- Anaadyanta – The NMIT organises techno-cultural festival annually in which technical colleges from across the country participate to showcase their technological achievements.
- Association – There is a student association ‘Yantra’ to address student’s needs and aspirations.
- Magazine – A monthly magazine is published by the NMIT which name is ‘Mechzine’.