The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is a top-ranked IIT college in India. It has been declared as the ‘Institute of national importance’ by the Government of India in 1963. It has been granted a status of a Deemed University. Hence, it functions on the autonomous lines. This highly reputed college of engineering was established in 1961 with an aim to bring about technological and scientific advancements in the country.
IIT Delhi: Affiliations and Accreditations
- It is a Deemed University.
- It is counted among the institutes of ‘National Importance’.
- The NIRF (National Institute of Ranking Framework) of the Ministry of Human Resource Development has given IITD 1st position.
- The QS ‘World University’ ranking has assigned it a 172nd position among the best engineering universities in the world.
IITD: On-Campus Facilities
- Area – The IITD campus is spread in an area of 325 acres. It is located in the South Delhi near to JNU, NIFT, AIIMS, and IIFT.
- The IITD campus is divided into four administrative blocks- Academic Block, Student Residential Block, Staff Residential Block, and Recreational Block for students.
- The IITD provides quality engineering education to students by facilitating them access to the modern laboratories, library, sports, research facilities, and clubs. There are canteens, shopping complex, and banking facilities within the college campus.