JEE Main & Advanced Books for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Aptitude Test
Published on : 24th May 2018
Good books can direct your preparation towards the right way. They have a significant role in cracking any examination. Buying wrong books results in the waste of both time and money. So, to save you from the loss, here we have compiled a list of best/recommended books for preparation of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). We would recommend starting with the NCERT books. They are the best for understanding the basic concepts. Then, move to other books.
IIT JEE Main Preparation Books:
Regulated by NTA from 2019, the JEE Main exam will be conducted in the online CBT mode. The exam has two papers – Paper 1 (for B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.planning). Paper 1 consists of questions from three sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, while Paper 2 also has three parts viz. Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
Read on to check the list of IIT preparation books and the links to purchase them.
- Concepts of Physics Part I and II by H.C. Verma - Buy now
- IIT JEE Physics & Modern Physics by D.C. Pandey - Buy now
- Wiley's Halliday/Resnick/Walker Physics for IIT-JEE Vol 1, 2019 - Buy now
- Wiley's Halliday/Resnick/Walker Physics for JEE Vol II, 2019 - Buy now
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd - Buy now
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee - Buy now
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee - Buy now
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur - Buy now
- Mathematics book for Class XI and XII by R.D. Sharma - Buy Now
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main by M.L. Khanna - Buy Now
- Plane Trigonometry Vol. 1 by S L Loney - Buy Now
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight - Buy Now
- B. Arch/ B. Planning Aptitude Test for JEE Main by S. C. Garg & Y.K. Garg - Buy Now
Only those candidates who qualify the JEE Main examination are eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced exam, which is conducted for admission into various undergraduate courses offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Subscribe for latest exam notification and never miss an update of our daily tips and tricks from Toppers and Counsellors.
JEE Advanced Preparation Books
The JEE (Advanced) 2019 will be conducted in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. JEE Advanced consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. The duration of the exam is 3 hours (each paper). Furthermore, each paper comprises three sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- NCERT Textbooks (Class XI and XII)
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended) - Buy Now
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov - Buy Now
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker - Buy Now
- Physics & Modern Physics for JEE Advanced by D.C. Pandey - Buy Now
- Aptitude Test Problem in Physics by S.S. Krotov - Buy Now
- NCERT Textbooks (Class XI and XII)
- Physical Chemistry for JEE Advanced by O. P. Tandon & A.S. Singh - Buy Now
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry by O. P. Tandon, Himanshu Pandey & A.K. Virmani - Buy Now
- Wiley's Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee - Buy Now
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R. C. Mukherjee - Buy Now
- Mathematics class XI & XII by R.D. Sharma - Buy Now
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Advanced (set of 2 Volume) by R.D. Sharma - Buy Now
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight - Book Now
- Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney - Book Now
- Elements of COORDINATE GEOMETRY Part-1 by S.L. Loney - Book Now
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron - Book Now
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta - Book Now
- Comprehensive Mathematics for JEE Advanced by Tata McGraw-Hill - Book Now
- Comprehensive Mathematics for JEE Advanced 2019 by Ravi Prakash, Ajay Kumar & Usha Gupta - Book Now
Note: You cannot finish all the books and we don’t even recommend doing so as time is less. For IIT JEE, you have to study smart. Refer the books for various approaches used to solve the questions. Also, solve previous years’ question papers and appear for the mock test. Most importantly, study daily as small continuous efforts lead to big achievements.
- 12 Effective Tips to Help You Crack JEE Main
- NTA JEE Main Complete Syllabus
- NTA JEE Main Study Materials - Best Preparation Books
- JEE Main 2019 rank predictor
- JEE Main 2019 college predictor
- JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
- JEE Main Mock Test
- JEE Main 2019 cut off marks
- Best Chemistry books for IIT JEE preparation