KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria - Nationality & Educational Qualification
KCET is one of the most popular entrance exams in Karnataka. It is a state-level competitive entrance exam. Every year thousands of students appear in the exam to get admission in various technical and non-technical courses like Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy etc. KEA (Karnataka Exam Authority) organizes this exam on a yearly basis. To appear in this examination, candidates need to fulfil certain conditions. In the article here, we will be covering those conditions in detail. Read on to know KCET 2021 eligibility criteria.
The KCET 2021 application forms will be released in April 2021. Applicants should check KCET 2021 eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. The eligibility criteria are different for different courses. Applicants should check the conditions of eligibility for the courses they are applying for carefully. Applications will get rejected if an applicant fails to meet any of the KCET 2021 eligibility criteria.
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Pharmacy Course
- Candidates should have done Class 12th/ equivalent from a recognized central or state board.
- They should have passed Class 12th / equivalent in PCB subjects. English should also be one of the passing subjects.
- The General Category candidates should have an aggregate score of 50 % to become eligible for the KCET 2021 exam.
- The SC/ ST Category candidates are given relaxation in the minimum marks requirement. They should have an aggregate score of 40 % marks to become eligible for the exam.
- Appearing candidates of Class 12th / equivalent can also apply for the exam.
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering/ Architecture Course
- Applicants should have done Class 12th/ equivalent from a recognized central or state board.
- They should have passed Class 12th / equivalent in PCM subjects. Mathematics and Physics are compulsory subjects.
- English should also be one of the language subjects.
- The minimum aggregate score of a General Category candidate should be 45% and the SC/ ST candidates 40%.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the KCET 2021 exam.
Eligibility for Admission to Government Seats
- Candidates must have studied in one or more Government recognised educational institutions located in Karnataka for a minimum of seven academic years from 1st standard to 2nd PUC as on 1st July 2021 and must have passed either SSLC or 2nd PUC from Karnataka state.
- Candidates must have passed either 1st or 2nd-year Pre-University examination or 11th and 12th standard exam within the State of Karnataka from an Educational institution recognised by the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Karnataka for a minimum of seven years.
- The candidate who is the son/ daughter of defence personnel who has worked continuously in Karnataka for a minimum period of one year when the student is studying in PUC/ 11th and 12th standard.
- Wards of serving or retried employee in Central Armed Police Force Service whose parents at the time of joining the CAPF service has mentioned their home town was in Karnataka. Such candidates have to submit proof of their domicile as per the CAPF record.
Eligibility for Different Categories
Migrants of Jammu and Kashmir - Those who are children of migrants of Jammu and Kashmir are required to provide the migration proof provided by the jurisdictional District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner of any state in India.
Children of Members of Parliament - Children/ Wards of Members of Parliament representing Karnataka must have cleared high school from any recognised board in India.
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility details carefully before applying for the exam.